These ribbons represent approximately 60+ minutes of training, 6 days a week, for 6+ years, with Sugar, the yellow dog on the left. I started training Sugar as a 10 week-old puppy hoping for a dog that I could go hunting with in the field. I got way more than that simple goal.
Back then I knew nothing about solid obedience training … the kind of solid obedience training that works in everyday life, in all kinds of situations, with your dog on-leash and off-leash. Sugar ‘learned how to learn’ as I learned how to fairly and consistently communicate to him what I wanted him to do. That was the beginning of my dog training career.
Pree, the black Lab on the right, is less than a year old in this photo. I have been training her since bringing her home as an 8 week-old puppy. Pree’s knowledge and training far exceeds what Sugar knew at this age.
I became an Instructor of this training method which produces a reliable, well-behaved, well-mannered and obedient dog
No bribery, no luring, no toys, no treats or food. My dogs choose to do the right thing because doing the right thing earns them praise. My praise. Quiet praise, earned honestly, goes a long way in a dog’s mind and helping them make the right choices.
My students have the same results with their dogs.
My students want a well-behaved, obedient dog they love to live with and can enjoy.
That relationship is possible once their dogs have a solid obedience foundation
and their owner knows how to communicate fairly with their dog.
With a solid obedience foundation, all the fun stuff becomes doable.
The ribbons and titles? Those are just icing on the cake called “Obedience”.
2011 = 2 AKC titles
Student's AKC titles and training results
2017 = 7 AKC titles, 1 passed its Therapy Dog test on 1st try
1) Monika, owner of Drago, GSD, 1 BN title, 1 CD title, 1 RN title, 1 CGC*
Graduate of my FOUNDATION Course - Loose Leash Walking Course, Titling a Dog Course, Tech Savvy Course and my Retrieve Course.
* Monika and Drago were both 'green newbies' the day they trialed 6 trials IN ONE DAY + CGC..and passed each trial. This is HIGHLY unusual for a 'green team' to trial ..and succeed, that many times doing their first EVER AKC competitions. But they did and did very well. They completed their needed trials the next day and titled.
2)Jeff, owner of Butler, X breed, 1 BN, 1 RN*
Graduate of my Koehler Refresher Course.
Jeff and Butler were also both 'green newbies' the day they did their 1st AKC trials, 4 trials on one day and 2 trials the next day , AND earned 2 titles.
3) Loretta, owner of Lea, X rescue street dog imported from Kuwait.
Graduate of my FOUNDATION Course, Tech Savvy Course, and almost a graduate of my 2018 Retriever Course
4) Loretta, owner of Marcel, Golden Retriever rescue dog imported from Kuwait.
Loretta took what she learned training Lea and applied that same training at home to her Golden, Marcel.
2016 = 4 new AKC titles, 1 passed its Therapy Dog test on 1st try
1) Ellen, owner of Joy, Labrador, 1 CGC Title
Graduate of my FOUNDATION Course - Loose Leash Walking Course, Retrieve Course, and FFW Course
2) Sam, owner of Betsy, Golden Retriever, 1 CD title
Graduate of my online Titling a Dog Couse & FOUNDATION Course - Loose Leash Walking Course
3) Wendy, recent new owner of Swag, an adopted 4.5 year old Border Collie, 1 BN title
Graduate of my online FOUNDATION Course - Loose Leash Walking Course
2016 = 3 new AKC titles, 3 dogs passed Therapy Dog test on 1st try)
1) Lori, owner of 9-month old Copper, Labrador, 1 CGC title
Graduate of my Mannerly Puppy Course& FOUNDATION Course - Loose Leash Walking
2) Ziva, owner of 10- month old Iko, German Shepherd Dog, 1 CGC title
Graduate of my Mannerly Puppy Course & FOUNDATION Course - Loose Leash Walking
3) Ellen, owner of Joy, Labrador, 1 CGC title
4)Ziva, owner of Nava, German Shepherd Dog, 1 CGCA title
2016 = 4 new AKC titles, 2 first placements in non-regular AKC trials
1) Ellen, owner of Joy, Labrador, 2 titles – BN & CD
2) Ali, owner of Iris, Labrador, 2 titles – BN & CD
Graduate of my FOUNDATION Course - Loose Leash Walking, Retrieve Course
2012 = 7 AKC titles, # 9 Open Dog @ All Stars, part of a movie
*Sugar competed in the All Stars 2014 and placed # 9
*Sugar was part of the Applewoods Team to make a movie for Museum of Maritime History
What does that mean when your dog ignores you and your commands?
2015 = 6 AKC titles
1) Ziva, owner of Nava, German Shepherd, 5 titles RN, RA, RE, TDE, CDX
2) Laurie, owner of Tassa, Anatolian Shepherd, 1 BN title
Graduate of my FOUNDATION Course - Loose Leash Walking
2014 = 5 AKC titles, 8 UDX legs earned, # 2 Utility Dog @ All Stars
*Sugar was the # 2 ranked Utility Dog, to lead Team Applewoods, to 2nd in place at All Stars 2014
Yes, I have been blessed to have earned or been awarded a great deal of ribbons, pictures and trophies.
2015 = 3 AKC titles, 3 AKC non-regular trials
2010 = 1 AKC title (my 1st time ever competing in AKC trials with my 1st ever obedience dog)
*Sugar was ONLY 11 months old when he earned his Companion Dog title
2014 = 9 AKC titles
1) Lori, owner of Raya, Labrador retriever, 4 titles – BN, CD, CGC & CGCA
2) Ziva, owner of Nava, German shepherd, 2 titles – BN & CD
3)Sam, owner of Betsy, Golden Retriever, 1 BN title (via my on-line training program)
4)Tracy, owner of Ghost, Samoyed, 2 titles, CGC & CGCA
My AKC results (source of all them ribbons ‘n’ stuff)
Spring/Fall 2017 = 1 new AKC title
Fall 2016 = 4 new AKC titles/tests
Summer 2016=3 new AKC Titles
*Pree was only 15 months old when she did her AKC CGC, CGCA & her AKC JH Tests
Spring 2016=3 AKC non-regular 1st placement trials
*Pree was less 11 months old when she competed in the LRCP Speciality
2013 = 4 AKC titles, 1 AKC WC, AKC Classic @ Utility level
*Sugar competed in Orlando, Florida at AKC Classic